30 December 2016
Welkom Yizani has been made aware of a scam targeting members of the South African public. The scam purports to come from Welkom Yizani and aims to defraud people of their money.
The fraudsters imply that the targeted recipients will benefit from trades in Welkom Yizani shares made on their behalf if they deposit cash into a 3rd party account. The returns promised are very enticing. Once money is transferred into the account the funds disappear.
Welkom Yizani urges people to always use extreme caution when receiving calls, text messages or emails from an unknown source, particularly when they include requests to part with money. Phishing emails, texts and calls can be very convincing, with company logos and banners copied from websites.
Tips to avoid becoming a victim of a phishing scam:
- Never respond to an unsolicited call, text message or email no matter how official it may seem.
- Use extreme caution when clicking on links and attachments included in unsolicited emails, even if they appear to be from a company or person with whom you do business.
- If you believe you have responded to a fraudulent email, contact your bank immediately so they can take steps to protect your account and your identity.
For more information contact Equity Express (Pty) Ltd (Administrators of Welkom Yizani trading platform)
- Tel: 0860 12 12 24
- Fax: 011 321 5664
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.welkomshares.co.za